Limona Village Chapel United Methodist Church, located on the southwest corner of Limona Road and Victoria Street, was chartered in 1916.
The original chapel burned down some time before 1920 when children damaged an oil line going into the church.
It was an Evangelical United Brethren Church, until 1968, when it became a United Methodist Church. The current membership at the new sanctuary is about 249.
Subscribe to The Tampa Tribune